Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Social Graces (Part II)

I’ve tried to get into “sports”. That’s true life support. Some of these things run over four hours. No matter what happens, I can always go back to “the game”. What’s the score? I can ask. Can you believe that crap?” I can protest. I hate that guy”. I can proclaim. Actually, the possibilities are endless. Maybe I want someone to look my way – a slightly overemphasized “hell yeah” will do the trick. No, I’m not a drunk. I’m just a fan, and I’m supporting my boys. Yes, I am very passionate about ‘this team’”. Even better, there are no dead ends. What? You don’t like my team? Fine, how about a little playful flirtation about how my boys are better than yours. Oh, you like these guys too? Great, let’s talk about the games you’ve recently seen, and the other teams we can together despise.

I got to say, this sports is genius.

No comments: